Baseball is undoubtedly the world’s most popular sports. It is an unusual game and here there are a 100 percent chances for either team to win. It offers a lot of time for conversation and strategy discussion.
Baseball has its own distinctness in terms of throwing, catching and hitting the ball, the role of the manager, the game completely controlled by the defense and it has no time pressure.
Why Do Baseball Players Tape Their Wrists?
It is true that baseball is quite a tough game. The wrists of a player are the key to his performance. He has to make a lot of movements to swing the bat, taking energetic catches also to make powerful throws. So it is highly essential to protect the wrist against all the odds.
In this case, tapping your wrist provides good strength and stability. It also minimizes the injury as well. The wrists are usually the weakest parts of any player’s body. And for any baseball player wrist plays a crucial role. Therefore many players including catchers show added attention on the wrists especially.
The wrists are prone to injuries and usually, the damages happen to the wrist. The throws and swings affect the weakest joints of their body. It also works as padding against the ball that hits your wrist.
The baseball players normally tape their wrists before the commencement of any game and even before practice matches. Covering a layer of sports tape around their wrist offers great support and guard for the joint.
On the other hand, it also works as a protective gear in case you have previous injuries. It can handle all your strains, reduces the pain as well. The wrist tape usually remains under the wrist gear.
Best Athletic Tape for Baseball Players in 2019
Summum Athletic White Tape
These tapes are usually used by many athletes. Summum tapes are said to be very long lasting. These are used to prevent injuries. The best part about the summum tapes is that it can be perfect for almost all sports. This is because it is easy to apply and also to tear off. This makes it comfortable for kids too. This is perfect for Baseball wrist wrap.
The greatest fear people have when it comes to these kinds of tape is that these leave a mark on your skin and it takes off the hair on your skin. The Summum tape does not leave a mark on your skin. It can also be used for veterinary purposes. It has excellent customer reviews and hence it is trusted by a lot of people.
- The summum athletic tape does not leave any glue residue once it is taken out.
- It has excellent reviews from the customers and is hence brought by many people.
- Can be used for ball games and also for other sports like climbing, gymnastics and weightlifting.
- It uses materials that are free from latex and hence it prevents allergies. It is also medically perfect.
- It is strong and safe.
- It allows enough flexibility.
- Can be used by people of all ages.
- Almost all pro players love this tape.
- Sometimes, it does not stick properly.
California Basics Self Adherent Cohesive Wrap Bandages
The major fear when people use adherent bandages is that it can harm the skin. In this case, you need not have that fear. California basics give excellent support by sticking to itself. It is excellent for first aid. It is hence very easy to remove without any pain.
It is elastic and hence it is preferred by many people. This tape is budget friendly and you can just stick it on your own. It is totally safe and is very lightweight. It is latex free and can be used by people of all ages.
- It is highly resistant to water but it is breathable and porous. You can also bath wearing it and is safe even if you sweat a lot.
- It fits perfectly and does not become loose even if you wear it continuously.
- It is made of latex-free, sterile material and is hence perfect even for medical usage.
- These are used as wrist wrap tapes, ankle bandage, and elbow bandages too.
- California Basics wrap bandages can also be used for pets as they do not adhere to the skin.
- It does not use any pin or clip.
- Customers who have used it complain that it is not durable enough.
- It is very thin.
California Basics Assorted Neon Colours
This bandage offers excellent and very strong support. It does not require any clips or pins and it is very safe to use with kids. It has good elasticity and it can easily be wrapped around without any help. You need not use any scissors to tear, hence it is easy to wear.
It is also used for sprains and swellings. It is very easy to carry around as it is weightless. It cannot pull the skin or hair as it is not exactly stuck directly on your skin. It is made from natural rubber latex. It helps better healing in many cases. As the name suggests, it comes in 12 different colors. It is 2 inches in width and 5 yards in length. This is also used as wrist wraps for baseball.
- It is made of water-resistant material and hence it can be work well even when you are sweating.
- Very easy to wrap and wear and yet very effective.
- It can be worn on any part of the body like toe, elbow, knee, etc.
- It can also be used on pets and children as it does not adhere to the skin.
- You can wear any color to match your clothes or the uniform in case you are going to play.
- Each color is wrapped individually.
- Does not adhere as good as a tape.
- The quality is a little inferior in comparison to other such tapes.
Pangda Adhesive Bandage Wraps
It is nearly 5 yards long and is 3 inches wide. There are 12 different colours which include white, green, red, pink, black and so on. It is made of durable and porous fabric. It has bacon strips and is thus very soft.
It can help in case of swelling and when you need to dress wounds. It is also good to use for a sprain. This is also suitable for pets and is completely safe on them. It is handy and can be cut without scissors. It is breathable and thus does not dry the skin.
- It comes in 12 different colors and you can choose and wear any color you want.
- Does not need a sticker to tear according to the size.
- It is safe for pets.
- It is porous and gives enough ventilation.
- Customers feel that this does not stick well.
- The quality is not up to the mark.
P-ABC 12 Pieces Adhesive Bandage Wrap
This has 12 pieces of different colours like green, black, white, pink, etc. These have very good customer review and are perfectly packed. Each tape is individually wrapped and is 1 inch wide and 5 yards long. It is not very expensive.
It is mainly used to relieve inflammation and pain. It works fast in such cases. It is perfect for first aid and helps till medical care is reached. The skin underneath can breathe perfectly due to the porous design. It does not harm the skin as it is made from natural latex rubber. This is also used as baseball athletic tape.
- Comes in 12 colors and the user can wear a color that matches your clothing.
- Can be used on knees, fingers, for physical activities and even on pets.
- Best bandage wrap used in case of emergencies. It can give sufficient compression in the affected area until you can reach out for medical help.
- It is not very heavy and hence can be carried around easily.
- Has very good customer ratings and so more people trust this wrap.
- Requires the help of others for proper tying in case of medical emergencies.
- The width is low for sports uses.
How to Tape a Wrist for Baseball
A good tapping also absorbs the sweat during the game and protection to for the batters also. But for tapping your wrist you should follow the steps for better safety and protection.
First of all clean your wrist using soap and water thoroughly. Then make it air dry completely.
Now hold the prewrap on the right side of your wrist and start wrapping it around your wrist and lower palm slowly. Then cut the prewrap with scissors.
After wrapping the wrap, wrap the tape around your wrist twice by pulling it tightly. While making it tight keep an eye to proper blood circulation.
Up to this point you should have known how to tape your wrist for Baseball. But along with that, you have to know some of the key points while tapping the wrist.
Key Things to Check Out While Taping
The tapping should be comfortable and free from any kind of soreness while tapping your wrist before a baseball match. Always use a wider style tape such as athletic tape. It can provide you the much-needed comfort.
In addition to this, always wrap your wrist from the side of your wrist and pull it tightly for better stability. Wrap the tape beneath your wrist, but do check the pressure on your veins and nerves. Poor blood circulation can lead to many discomforts.
While wrapping use over-under wrapping style and after completion of your taping process test the wrapping by flexing your wrist. Check it can flex freely or not.
A proper taping is highly essential to make you fit and fine for the game. It provides a strength and support to your wrist. As you know a proper wrist movement and strength can only allow you to go for big hits. Therefore be careful and cautious while taping your wrist for baseball.
Every game houses lots of risks and mishaps, but you can prevent it with proper safety gears and other protective accessories. In baseball also there are numerous chances of getting injured and especially injury to your wrist. In this case, you can tape your wrist by following the above-said steps and protect yourself from any kind of injuries.
So hit those home runs, and powerful shots with your wrist by taping it thoroughly. Comment us for any query below, we would like to hear from you.